Mountain’s products are warranted against defect in materials for 2 years from the date of purchase with a manufacturer’s warranty. Please note that, if you bought the Mountain product from a retailer other than Mountain itself, then statutory warranty claims can only be made with the shop which sold you the product. Please contact the shop for information on the warranty procedure. It is at the customer’s discretion to decide if they wish to take advantage of statutory warranty claims through their reseller or the manufacturer warranty through Mountain.
Coverage of the Warranty
Mountain warrants any Mountain product first sold to an end-user to be free from defects in components and workmanship under normal use. Mountain, at its sole discretion, decides if a returned product will be replaced or refunded. Mountain is unable to provide partial or full refunds for any product not purchased directly from Mountain. In case of a replacement, Mountain reserves the right to replace a faulty product with a refurbished unit of equal or better quality. No warranty proceeding shall impact, shorten or prolong the warranty period.
Duration of warranty period
This manufacturer warranty is effective 2 years from the date of purchase in its original sealed packaging and is valid for all Mountain-branded products.
The warranty period commences on the date of purchase. Your original purchase invoice (sales receipt), showing the date of purchase and model number, is your proof of the date of purchase.
This Warranty represents a carry-in warranty service. You can process the claim for your defective product online through the Mountain website: https://www.mountain.gg.
This manufacturer warranty does not affect your statutory rights.
Warranty Exclusions and Disclaimer
The Warranty with respect to your Mountain product is subject to the following exclusions and limitations:
The Warranty does not extend to:
1) any Mountain product that has been damaged or rendered defective as a result of use of the product other than for its normal intended use, failure to use the product in accordance with the User’s Manual that accompanies the product, or other misuse, abuse or negligence to the product:
• By the use of parts not manufactured or sold by Mountain
• By modification of the product outside of its intended use
• As a result of service by anyone other than Mountain
• By improper transportation or packing when returning the product to the ASP or
• By improper installation of a third party products (e. g. cables).
2) any product or parts thereof from which labels or serial numbers have been modified or made illegible.
3) loss of any, or damage to data (e. g. pictures or videos, “data”). You are responsible for saving (backing up) any data. As a result, Mountain does not warrant or cover any financial or other loss, caused by data loss.
4) fair wear and tear of consumable parts, i. e. parts that require periodic replacement during the normal course of usage, including without limitations, batteries, AC adaptors, AC/USB/AV cable, or appearance parts.
5) Cosmetic damages such as scratches and dents, scratched, faded or discolored covers and plastics.
6) Mountain supplies no warranty, either expressed or implied, for any bundled software, its quality, performance, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose. Nor does Mountain warrant that the functions contained in the software will meet your requirements or that the operation will be uninterrupted or error-free. As a result, unless otherwise stated in writing, the software is sold “as is”.
7) Mountain Warranty does not cover any hardware connected to/ with the Mountain product.
2. Disclaimer of Warranty
Except for the Warranty provided and to the extent permitted by applicable law, Mountain, its Authorized Resellers or Authorized Service Providers do not issue any warranty or guarantee for your product. Mountain expressly excludes any other liability, whether expressed or implied, to the fullest extent allowed by the law. In particular, but without limit to the generality of the exclusion, any implied terms as to merchantability, satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose and/ or non-infringement of third party rights are excluded whether in contract or tort. Any implied warranties that may be imposed by law are limited in duration to the term of the express Warranty given by Mountain to the extent permitted by applicable law. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall Mountain or its supplier be liable for (1) damage to, or loss or corruption of data or removable storage media, or (2) any damages whatsoever (including direct or indirect damages, loss of business profits, lost savings or other special, incidental, exemplary or consequential damages whether for breach of warranty, contact, strict liability, tort or otherwise) arising out of or resulting from the use of or inability to use the products and/ or the enclosed written materials, even if Mountain, its supplier, an authorized Mountain representative, service provider or dealer have been advised of the possibility of such damages or of any claim by any third party. Any liability of Mountain or its supplier which is not excluded shall be limited to the purchase price of the Mountain product. Mountain is not liable for any transport/ delivery/ insurance costs, import duties, taxes, licensing fees and any charges from telephone/ fax communication as consequence of the failure of the product.
Obtaining Warranty Service
Your Mountain Warranty includes a carry-in warranty service. The warranty service will be subject to the following terms and conditions:
1. Consult the User’s Manual accompanying your product for important tips on how to operate and troubleshoot your Mountain product.
2. Note down the product model number, serial number and a description of the problem; (e. g. error messages that appear on the screen) as well as a proof of purchase.
3. If the Mountain product is deemed faulty and the customer wishes to have the item replaced by Mountain, they are required to ship the faulty product at their own cost. Mountain, in return, will cover the cost of the replacement shipment. Any additional fees occurring as a result of international shipments, including but not limited to, custom fees, taxes, import duties etc. are outside of Mountain’s control and to be paid by the customer.
If you have a defective Mountain product and you wish to claim for warranty, please contact our customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org